Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store keeps asking for password for every single update

Hi, ever since I updated my iPad from 9.3 to 9.3.1, App Store keeps asking me for iCloud password for every single update I do in App Store. My settings are set to require password after 15 minutes and do not require password for free apps. I tried to logout from App Store and log back in and nothing changed. Same settings on my iPhone and it doesn't ask for password at all.

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3.1, 32GB Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 5:28 PM

1 reply

May 13, 2017 5:54 PM in response to svkrzn

Well, the answer should be obvious. The feature you describe is just too complicated for Apple product managers to understand, and too challenging for Apple developers to program. And Apple hires some wicked smart people too; as the most profitable technology company in the world, they spare no expense in hiring the best people. In fact, I just saw them recruiting jobless people on the corner of 2nd and Chestnut; I think they were hiring iOS product managers. With a shower and decent change of clothes, I'm sure some of their recent hires will move mountains.

App Store keeps asking for password for every single update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.