Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing Files on PC

I have a very large Library over 50,000 songs. Today I found 3 that were in my library but were missing from PC and showing the !

I was able to locate a backup for the missing files but looking through my library for the ! drove me cross-eyed.

Is there an easy way in the future, to get iTunes to show me which files are missing?

D

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 6:34 PM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2016 6:56 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

That was a Mac solution while I'm on PC the youtube link had something to do with BPM but that didn't help most of my songs don't have bpm info.

My music is consolidated and I know where it is on my HD as well as have multiple backups.

What I heed is an easier way to see if a file went missing only 3 of over 50k 2 were from a 12 track album that the other 10 were ok.

I guess just those specific files got lost in a copy or something?

If itunes is able to post the ! shouldn't it also allow or have a sort by or search for it?

Apr 29, 2016 8:54 AM in response to rpr692000

With 50,000 tracks the second method is easier to use.

Lost & Found Playlists

Create a playlist called Found, select everything in Music and drag it into the Found playlist. Create a smart playlist called Lost matching All the rules Playlist is Music and Playlist is not Found. Your lost tracks will be in this playlist.

Or use iTunes Folder Watch and enable its option to check for dead tracks on startup.

tt2

Missing Files on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.