Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto keeps asking to import pictures already imported

iPad 3 and iPhone 5s running IOS 9.3.1 and MacBook Pro running IOS 10.11.4 with 8 Gig of RAM and iPhoto 1.5 .....

iPhoto keeps asking to import previously imported pictures over and over again ..... We would appreciate your assistance in this matter .....

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 8 GB of Ram

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 3:26 PM

You need to be accurate in your description since we can not see you and tell us exactly what you are doing - there is no iPhoto 1.5 - most likely you mean Photos 1.5 (which is a new and totally different program) and the details of your work flow are critical

LN

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 2:32 PM in response to LarryHN

Thank you for your interest and response .......

I am running Photos Version 1.5 (370.42.0) ..... When i connect my iPhone 5s/iPad 3 (via USB cable) to my MacBook Pro, Photos automatically activates (shortly before iTunes automatically activates) and nearly every time displays various photos that are ready for import into Photos. In the overwhelming number of cases, these photos and images have already been imported into Photos and in many cases are duplicated in Photos (due to multiple imports).

Once this repetitive import issue is resolved, I would like to discuss removing the duplicate copies of images that I have in Photos.

iPhoto keeps asking to import pictures already imported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.