Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Graphics Issue in iTunes

After the latest update to 12.3.3.7, the graphics are all off in iTunes store. The Music Quick bar to the right disappears, icons, and bars are off quilter. What could be causing this issue? The Geek Squad performed online troubleshooting, and indicated my processor needs updating. Would this cause an issue with iTunes? I am not an expert, but I find it odd this issue just started happening after the 12.3.3.7 update in iTunes.

Windows 8

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 7:27 PM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2016 6:52 AM in response to rstcats

Hello there, rstcats.

It seems you are seeing issues with graphic performance in iTunes on your Windows 8 computer. Although I can't speak to the recommendations by Geek Squad, the following Knowledge Base article provides some great, in-depth troubleshooting recommendations for troubleshooting:

Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows

Before you start, download and install the latest available Windows updates for your PC and make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

When you open iTunes in Safe Mode, you isolate the program from any interference caused by plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple. To start iTunes in safe mode, hold down the Shift and Control keys on your keyboard while you open iTunes.

You'll see a message as iTunes is starting that says "iTunes is running in Safe Mode. Visual plug-ins you have installed have been temporarily disabled."

If the issue doesn't happen in Safe Mode, remove any third-party plug-ins.

Disconnect your computer from the Internet

Errors communicating with the iTunes Store and other Apple services can sometimes cause issues with iTunes startup. If you remove the ability to connect to those services, you can see if those features have issues that need to be resolved.

1. Disconnect your computer from the Internet. For example, turn-off WiFi or unplug your ethernet cord.
  2. Open iTunes.

If iTunes opens with no issues, update your drivers. If there's still an issue, contact Apple Support for help with isolating any errors.

If there's still an issue, continue below.

Create a new user account

Visit the Microsoft website to learn how to create new user accounts for Windows 10, Windows 8, or Windows 7.

If you have the same issue in the new user account, skip to System-wide issues. If you don't experience the same issue, continue to User-specific issues.

User-specific issues

If the issue only happens in one particular user account:

Create a new iTunes library to see if the issue occurs in a new library. If using a new iTunes library resolves the issue, try to restore an older copy of your iTunes library. If an older library has the same issue, contact Apple Support for help with isolating the issue.
To change back to your original library, close iTunes, and then hold down the Shift key on your keyboard while you reopen the program.

If the issue persists:

Check for issues with content files. Audio files can sometimes cause iTunes to quit unexpectedly or stop responding when the program is analyzing gapless playback information. To determine which file might be causing the issue, follow the steps below:

1. Quit iTunes.
  2. Open the iTunes folder:
    C:\users\username\My Music\iTunes
  3. Move the iTunes Library.itl file to your desktop.
  4. Open iTunes. Your library will be empty.
  5. Press the Control and B keys on your keyboard to open the iTunes menu bar. Choose File > Add Folder to Library.
  6. Open the folder where your music is located:
    C:\users\username\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media
  7. Choose an artist, album, or song to add to the library and drag it into the iTunes window.
  8. Wait for iTunes to successfully add the item to your library and perform the gapless playback scan.
  9. If the scan is successful, continue adding songs to your library.
  10. If there's an issue with one of your files, your issue will reappear after you add it to the library. If it reappears, start over with these steps, being careful not to add the files that caused the issue.

System-wide issues

1. Check for potentially unwanted programs. Harmful software might prevent iTunes from opening or cause it to quit unexpectedly. Make sure that your security software is up-to-date and scan your system.
  2. Try adjusting your security software's settings. Learn more about how to resolve security software issues.
  3. Make sure that iTunes is installed correctly. An improper installation of iTunes can contribute to a variety of issues. Learn how to reinstall iTunes.
  4. Update the drivers on your PC. Outdated drivers on your computer can cause iTunes and other applications to behave strangely. Learn how to update the drivers on your computer.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

May 3, 2016 2:35 AM in response to rstcats

Its not just you, there are quite a few people having the same problem. I am one of them. There are several threads concerning this same issue.

Icons sizes are too large, you click an album and the one next to it pops up in the window, you cant access scroll bars, etc etc.

The last thread I responded to was started six weeks ago, not a new problem.

Many people are complaining that they CANT BUY ANYTHING OFF THE ITUNES STORE.

You would think they would want to fix this issue, or at least get involved asking questions.

As for that geek squad telling you to upgrade your gear, tell em to go back to computer school and don't use an ITUNES malfunction to

try and sell you a new machine.

Graphics Issue in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.