Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need Help with FCPX Libraries

Here's my dilemma. I've got a very large documentary I've been working on for a couple of years. I was still in the FCPX 10.0 stage due to the fact that my MacPro does double duty for other software which could not run in anything past OSX 10.7.

Here's my dilemma. I have three 3TB drives with footage and the HD that contains applications and the project files. I updated the OS, FCPX and then updated all the events, project folders, etc.

Now I have four seperate libraries for one movie. Everytime I edit in a new shot from one of the three footage libraries, it then copies the clip, including the media into the project event.

Is it possible to get everything linked to one library where the project is so I don't have to keep copying media to my HD? I would put the project in one of the other libraries, but then I'd be copying media from the other drives and filling up the target drive.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Jeremy

Final Cut Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 7:33 PM

CCopy all the events into one library then discard the other libraries. For such a large project I would recommend using external media and backing up with redundancy.

2 replies

Apr 28, 2016 7:33 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks Tom. I started there, but my 3TB drives each have 2TB of footage. No one drive can hold all the events. I'd rather not have to go purchase an entire new system so that I can use a modern version of fcpx.

Is there any other way? It also seems strange to me to force the editor to keep the project file on the same drive as the media. Isn't that against the old rule of "one drive to read and one to write to"?

Need Help with FCPX Libraries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.