Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forgot the password for my 2tb time capsule amend am trying to change it via the soft reset method using airport utility on my iPhone. When I do the soft reset, the time capsule disappears from the airport utility screen, so I can't select it. What

I forgot the password for my 2tb time capsule. I have been trying to change it using the soft reset button and airport urility on my iPhone. However, when I push the reset button and get the amber flashing light, the time capsule disappears from the airport utility screen, so I can't access it. It reappears after the amber light stops flashing and the reset mode has finished. I need to use the backups on the time capsule to reset my iMac, which will not boot after a power interruption (it starts, but quits before the apple is displayed). How can I get to the time capsule to chance the password?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 2:22 PM

When you press the reset to do reset you must immediately go back to the setup area for wireless on the phone and reconnect to the TC..

Please also note.. if you do a full factory reset and reconfigure your TC from the phone.. that is fine. No backups or anything else are deleted on the TC hard disk.. The only change made is to the router side.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2016 2:22 PM in response to jdgoguen

When you press the reset to do reset you must immediately go back to the setup area for wireless on the phone and reconnect to the TC..

Please also note.. if you do a full factory reset and reconfigure your TC from the phone.. that is fine. No backups or anything else are deleted on the TC hard disk.. The only change made is to the router side.

Forgot the password for my 2tb time capsule amend am trying to change it via the soft reset method using airport utility on my iPhone. When I do the soft reset, the time capsule disappears from the airport utility screen, so I can't select it. What

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.