Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match not matching or uploading music

I am an iTunes match subscriber. My mac OS and iTunes are up to date. I have approx. 16000 songs in my library but most (60%) of my music has not been matched or uploaded.

After reading many discussions on this topic, I turned off iCloud music library from iTunes, signed out of iTunes on all my devices, restarted iTunes on my mac and signed back in, made sure genius was turned on and updated, and turned icloud music library back on. After this procedure, the iTunes activity window says it is waiting for iTunes to deliver iCloud music library and than, for about 2 seconds, says uploading songs. For 30 seconds, the iCloud status column shows songs listed as waiting and then iCloud icon disappears and iCloud status column is empty except for songs already uploaded or listed as matched, uploaded, incompatible etc..

I also tried iTunes >File>Library>Update icloud music library with the same results.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 8:22 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2016 11:12 PM in response to magyarw

Hi,

If you have no iCloud symbol and status = waiting usually indicates that a problem has occurred in the match process.

I usually notice this when I try to add tracks that are already in the cloud, sometimes they change to duplicate. In other instances, I have had to delete the tracks from my library and then readd them.

THerefore I suggest that you check for duplicates. If they are not duplicates, delete the tracks and readd in small batches.

Jim

Aug 21, 2016 9:25 AM in response to magyarw

Hi,

I suggest that you try this

1. Make sure that you have a back up of your music
  2. close iTunes then hold option key whilst reopening iTunes and create a new library Open a different iTunes Library file or create a new one - Apple Support
  3. Sign into iTunes and check icloud music library. You will see all the music that you have in the cloud. (Use song view with iCloud status column shown). Tracks previously Matched, uploaded or purchased will show download icon. You may see greyed out tracks with status shown as Waiting. They will be the tracks causing you problems,
  4. You now have two options - the first is delete all tracks, the second is to delete only the greyed out tracks
  5. If you opt to delete all tracks, everything will be deleted from the cloud but not from your original library. When you revert to the original library the iCloud status of all tracks should be "removed" About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support. You can now try selecting all tracks and ctrl click and select add to iCloud music library - You may want to do this in small batches.
  6. if you opt to delete only the greyed out tracks, only those tracks will be removed from cloud. When you revert to the original library the iCloud status of those tracks should be "removed". You can now try selecting those tracks and ctrl click and select add to iCloud music library
  7. Using either of the above methods would maintain ratings, play counts etc
  8. If you are not worried about ratings etc, you could simply delete everything from you original library then start over from your back ups. iTunes match will remember previous matches & uploads, so overall match process should be quicker than a completely new match process.

Jim

iTunes match not matching or uploading music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.