Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can't connect to my surface 3 running windows 10 with my i phone 5 personal hot spot.

I can't connect to my surface 3 tablet running windows 10, with my I phone 5 personal hot spot.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 8:30 PM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2016 10:55 AM in response to pwalkersr

pwalkersr wrote:

he connected to the internet with a cable. my I phone came up and he unhooked from the cable, restarted my tablet and connected with my personal hot spot

OK. better, but still not quite perfect sense (to me, at any rate).

1. connected your iPhone(?) to a COMPUTER via a cable (iPhone doesn't connect via a cable to a modem/router directly)
  2. so in iTunes on this computer showed the iPhone
  3. unhooked the cable
  4. did the Geek toggle Personal Hotspot off>on or not?
  5. restart Surface
  6. voila? connected and stays connected?

So... the only oddball part I see is the combination #2 & 3 that would be unusual in normal wifi troubleshooting. Did the Geek do anything in #2 iTunes hookup step at all?

Sounds like a nifty-unknown trick if merely the steps 1-3 😉

i can't connect to my surface 3 running windows 10 with my i phone 5 personal hot spot.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.