Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i need to sign in to two different apple ids on my new macbook

When i was first setting up the macbook a few minutes ago, it asked for my apple id...i put in the one i use for i tunes but when i try to logout out of in inside of iCloud to login to the correct apple id for iCloud, it doesn't give me the option to sign out without setting up a new special password for the macbook. How do i sign in to a different apple id on only icloud??

MacBook, I am using El Capitan

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 11:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 12:02 AM

You may need to use a local account for the Mac log in and then use the iCloud account

OS X El Capitan: Set up users on your Mac - Apple

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 12:07 AM in response to ManSinha

I Think that's what I just did...I had to completely logout of iCloud and create a password for the computer which was a big deal....then I didn't even think it was going to work so I looked up how to wipe the MacBook so I could start over and it instructed me to deauthorize the computer in iTunes, which I did, and then I realized that I was able to log back in to iCloud at this point, so I didn't have to follow through with the reset. Thank you!

i need to sign in to two different apple ids on my new macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.