Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to recover lost bookmarks in Safari 9.1?

I have an iMac 21.5 using OS X El Capitan 10.11.4. Apple Support replaced my logic board twice. Each incident scrambled my Safari bookmarks. The first recovery from my external hard drive was successful. The second was not. Apple Support Senior Advisor for the second incident had me do it differently than the first senior advisor. At first it looked ok, but after powering down, when I came back online, now they are back to an old list. Anyone here able to tell me how to recover my actual bookmarks in my Safari? I am bookmark dependent, and it's how I save important information. I need to recover my bookmarks off my external Seagate Backup Plus Drive. Any ideas here? I apologize that I didn't write the steps down the first time. I didn't expect to have the tech break my second logic board.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), Mail app

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 8:32 PM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2016 11:53 PM in response to RebekkahRoseRyan

I'll take you through all the possibilities of recovering the lost Safari bookmarks.

=> Check for iCloud backup if you have any so that you can restore the bookmarks saved on iCloud.

=> Check for iTunes backup. Download and install the free software "iPhone Backup Extractor" and launch the app. It will automatically search for any backups on your computer.

=> Check for your lost bookmarks in Windows/Users/Contacts folder. There are times when iTunes saves the contacts in this folder.

Hope one of these methods will help you.

How to recover lost bookmarks in Safari 9.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.