Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to retrieve text messages received while abroad?

I spent the last two weeks in Europe on a European SIM. After swapping back my US SIM upon landing, I was able to send texts and make calls (including the people I texted but didn't hear back from) and found out they had replied, but I didn't get it. I can imagine I received several texts while overseas, but I haven't gotten anything else. 6 hours later, two replies trickled in from the people I texted upon landing, otherwise I have nothing. FWIW, I'm on AT&T. Never had this problem with T-Mobile where I would always do the same (use a local SIM in the country I traveled to, and I always had US texts immediately upon returning and putting my US SIM back in).

Any ideas? I've reset everything and restarted a hundred times. No luck.

One other issue -- all my voice messages erased after I put my AT&T SIM back in. A quick search revealed those are probably lost for good, but any help on either of these is much appreciated. Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1, AT&T

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 8:50 PM

1 reply

How to retrieve text messages received while abroad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.