Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod model A1285 wont sync since the last itunes update

When i connect my ipod to itunes the icon does not appear. the ipod screen says that it is syncing but as it isnt appearing in the itunes folder its not working. Tried reinstalling itunes and using a different cable. any other ideas thanks

iPod nano

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 12:43 AM

Do you use a Mac or Windows PC? If Windows, what version?

"A1285" comes up as 4th gen; is that correct? This document shows the iPod nano models

Identify your iPod model - Apple Support

As a test, shut down (power off) your computer and disconnect all USB devices. You can leave standard USB keyboard/mouse connected, if used. If your computer is a laptop, connect its power adapter so that it's not running on battery power. Do this to Reset (restart) the iPod

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

Start up computer, run iTunes, and connect iPod to a direct USB port on the computer, by itself. Is there any difference?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2016 12:43 AM in response to cowanr

Do you use a Mac or Windows PC? If Windows, what version?

"A1285" comes up as 4th gen; is that correct? This document shows the iPod nano models

Identify your iPod model - Apple Support

As a test, shut down (power off) your computer and disconnect all USB devices. You can leave standard USB keyboard/mouse connected, if used. If your computer is a laptop, connect its power adapter so that it's not running on battery power. Do this to Reset (restart) the iPod

Learn how to reset your iPod - Apple Support

Start up computer, run iTunes, and connect iPod to a direct USB port on the computer, by itself. Is there any difference?

my ipod model A1285 wont sync since the last itunes update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.