Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PAN over bluetooth

We have non-iOS devices which has MFi compliance. I have few queries in order to achieve one behavior in my app.

My iOS app has to connect to non-iOS device over Bluetooth. That non-iOS device has only bluetooth capabilities and has an application which supports 2 incoming and 2 outgoing ports. Now I want to connect to this non-iOS app with my iPad app so that it can leverage that 2 ports with the Bluetooth connection. It means I want to establish a Bluetooth connection which can simulate these 2 input and output ports. We looked into the possibilities of using PAN profile over Bluetooth as PAN simulates Ethernet behavior and we can open as many ports. We need similar behavior like Ethernet for our iPad app in order to connect multiple ports. One more thing, apart from this Bluetooth connection with non-iOS device, our iPad will be also on the Wifi. Is it possible in iOS using PAN profile or any iOS library?

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 11:27 PM

There are no replies.

PAN over bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.