Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My EQ switched off and will not switch back on. No EQ settings are responsive. All other settings are responsive.

Ipod classic 120GB Version 2.0.1 PC Model MB562LL

EQ switched off while playing with headphones on and will not switch back on. No EQ settings are responsive. When center dial is pressed while in EQ mode, IPod switches back to the Settings Menu. This happens for all EQ settings. I have done a hard reset holding down the center button and menu button but this did not work.

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2016 10:56 PM

Try going to the iPod's onboard Settings screen. Select Reset Settings (at the bottom of screen). This resets all onboard setting to default (data is not affected). Try using the EQ settings again.

3 replies

Apr 28, 2016 11:27 PM in response to rainbow51

Since the iPod is not operating properly, you may want to do a Restore on the iPod using iTunes. This erases the iPod, reinstalls it software, and sets it to default settings.

Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

After the Restore, re-sync your songs. It should work properly, unless there is a hardware problem; I can't think of a hardware problem that would only cause such a specific issue.

My EQ switched off and will not switch back on. No EQ settings are responsive. All other settings are responsive.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.