Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mini 4 has no sound in many games and other apps?

I just got a 4th generation iPad mini and I'm noticing that the sound doesn't work in many games and perhaps other apps. Is there some kind of widespread compatibility problem? It doesn't seem to be a hardware problem. For example, Grand Theft Auto III has sound on the title screen but it doesn't have any sound after that. Other totally different games from other developers have the same problem or no sound at all, for example Piano Tiles has no sound. Other apps like YouTube or Vimeo have no trouble with the sound.

It seems unlikely there is anything physically broken but there are many apps with no sound (most of them games). What can I do?

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3.1, (Mini Gen 4)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 1:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 6:21 AM

You've checked to see if you've muted notification sounds via Control Centre : Turn on Mute and Orientation Lock on iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 4 - Apple Support ?

2 replies

iPad Mini 4 has no sound in many games and other apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.