Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File Info Professional launched by mistake on my Mac. Since then, the computer is non-responsive. The app is still open in the dock, but can't close or force quit it. Power button doesn,t perform shutdown. Computer is NOT frozen, but apps wont open.

File Info Professional launched on my Mac. Since then, computer is non-responsive. App still open in the dock, but can't close or force quit it. Power button doesn't perform shutdown. Computer is NOT frozen, but apps wont open. Can't shut down, reboot, or use anything! Help!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 3:09 AM

7 replies

Apr 29, 2016 3:38 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Of the steps outlined, the only thing that the computer responded to was Sleep. Force quit doesn't close File Info Prof (which is causing the problem I think), Restart didn't work, and Shut down and Powering off not responding either. What do I do??!!

Can't open Activity Monitor either. Basically, anything I click on, bounces, flashes open for a split second and then closes itself.

File Info Professional launched by mistake on my Mac. Since then, the computer is non-responsive. The app is still open in the dock, but can't close or force quit it. Power button doesn,t perform shutdown. Computer is NOT frozen, but apps wont open.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.