Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't restore iPad 2 backup in iTunes.

Hello. I'm trying to restore my iPad 2 backup in iTunes. I first checked the backup folder on my macbook pro and went to ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup. There are 5 folders in there. The oldest folder is the backup I want. I connected the iPad and started iTunes. I clicked on Restore Backup in the Backup section. A Restore from Backup box popped up. Next to iPad Name the drop down only has 4 backups listed. The 5th backup (the one I want) is not listed in the drop down. How do I get iTunes to recognize the 5th backup so that I can restore it to my iPad? Thanks!

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 12:41 AM

3 replies

Apr 30, 2016 10:18 AM in response to veniceb

Hey there veniceb,

I understand that you have some issues and are not able to restore from a certain backup using iTunes on your computer. I have an article for you with some suggestions that may help you accomplish this task, and it can be found below:

If you need help restoring from an iTunes Backup - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204183

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

May 5, 2016 8:31 AM in response to veniceb

Hey again veniceb,

Sorry to hear that you are still having some issues with your backups. It sounds like you are unable to select the iTunes backup you want to use, and according to the article I provided previously, it could be due to one of these scenarios:

I can't select an iTunes backup

There are a few reasons why there might not be any available iTunes backups for your iOS device:

If this does not describe the situation at hand, please provide any further information that you may think would be relevant in order for me to help support you further. Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

Can't restore iPad 2 backup in iTunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.