Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 7 Pro x64 unable to boot on my iMac using OS X 10.9.5

I have an iMac which I am trying to dual boot between OS X 10.9.5 and Windows 7 Professional x64. We are using bootcamp and when you try to boot into Windows you get the following error message.

"Operating System Not Found"

I believe that the bootsector for Windows is corrupt and I have been unsuccessful in repairing it, I tried to repair it from the Windows DVD I get an error message reporting that the operating system is not compatible, so I cannot get to command prompt to run bootrec.

I assume I need to run some commands in terminal in OS X however I have very little knowledge with apple's terminal commands.

Has anyone been able to get this resolved?

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 2:43 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 6:15 AM in response to Madball188

see this article before you start with any solution you think is possible from the Terminal.

this is a windows issue or a corrupt media issue, not a Mac OS preventing you from using windows issue.

likely if this can be fixed it will need to be done from the console on the Windows 7 installer

if it can't from there it could be due to a damaged install or a damaged portion.

While this article was written for Windows XP it still very much applies to Windows 7

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/321626

Windows 7 Pro x64 unable to boot on my iMac using OS X 10.9.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.