Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wi-Fi Connection of I phone 5

Since last 2 week i am facing a problem of wi fi connection it got dis connected gradually.

when i used to open wi-fi with in the menu and got select network that get connected. After some time that automatically gets dis connected..

Any solution here plZ..

iPhone 5, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 12:34 AM

2 replies

Apr 29, 2016 12:42 AM in response to jaypalsinh.rayjada

Take a look at this Apple Support article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204051

Reset your network settings.

Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

Apr 29, 2016 6:48 AM in response to jaypalsinh.rayjada

Below are some general suggestions for Wi-Fi issues, maybe one of them will help.

1) Perform a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow device to restart.

2) Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Rejoin the Network again.

3) Reboot Router/Modem: Unplug from power for 2 minutes and plug again. Update Router Firmware (check manufacturer’s support website for a newer FW). Also try different bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and different bandwidths (20 MHz recommended for the 2.4 band).

4) Change to Google's DNS: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the Network, Delete all numbers under DNS and enter 8.8.8.8 or alternatively 8.8.4.4

5) Disable device prioritization on the router if this feature is available.

6) Determine if other Wi-Fi devices on network are working well (other iOS devices, Macs, PCs).

7) Try device at another Network, i.e., neighbors’, public coffee house, etc.

8) Restore the Device (ask for additional for details if desired).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

9) Go to an Apple Store for hardware evaluation.

Wi-Fi Connection of I phone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.