Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv No signal after latest firmware update

My apple TV 3 worked fine for 2 years on my Hitachi HD ready plasma tv.

I am very disappointed to find out after latest firmware update my apple tv is not working anymore!

I have tested the Apple on my new small LCD Samsung and it works fine.

Apple store could not help as they blamed my tv would be defect! (They should now about this problem I have seen the same issue on different forums)

You can not downgrade to previous firmware as apple is not signing the software anymore!

So I purchased a Roku stick for 39 Euro works perfect on my TV!

Thanks Mr Apple but you do not decide when I have to purchase a new TV... very disappointed as not getting any help or answer anywhere and no solution offered.

Apple TV, Apple TV 3

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 1:40 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 3:31 AM in response to van den bosch

Hi, not sure if you're asking us or telling us, but you could try the following:

Reconnect both ends of the HDMI cable. Some of the contacts may not be making a good connection. Try a different input on the TV.

If you have no video at all, try cycling the video modes, described here Get help with audio, video, or power on Apple TV - Apple Support . Your ATV may have been reset to an incompatible mode.

Apple tv No signal after latest firmware update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.