Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s screen goes off then gets back normal in 10-15 minutes.

Hello everyone. I bought my iPhone 6s 64GB Space Grey on late December 2015. It came with Samsung A9 Processor. For the last 3 months it started to shut its screen down randomly at least 1 time in 2 days. I Think it has something to do with the LCD backlight because touch screen works on completely black screen. I can still receive calls by memorizing where to touch. Then on an average of 10 minutes, it gets back to normal. Is there anyone else having this issue? Or any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

(By the way closing and opening it or rebooting with power and home button at the same time does not work. Whatever you do, screen gets normal whenever it wants. I tried hard resetting, formatting and back-up but the problem is still there.)

note: Probably a coincidence but it never happened before iOS 9.3

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 6:11 AM

Hi AnilOzbek,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your iPhone. If you continue to have issues with the display or backlight, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful, up to and including contacting Apple Support directly:

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 6:11 AM in response to AnilOzbek

Hi AnilOzbek,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your iPhone. If you continue to have issues with the display or backlight, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful, up to and including contacting Apple Support directly:

Get help with the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

May 1, 2016 6:27 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi brenden dv,

I have contacted Apple Support right after I have posted here and they were simply great. Another reason to love Apple. I'm from Turkey and they called me from the Apple Support Turkey, and made a check-up to my software on line. They said I had missing files during an iOS update because of bad wifi conditions so they guided me step by step to restore the phone through iTunes and I'm not having any of my past issues (because the screen issue was only one of hundreds). I think that was a software problem and I like to think that it is solved now. If anything happens again I won't hesitate to post here.

Thanks a lot

best wishes

iPhone 6s screen goes off then gets back normal in 10-15 minutes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.