Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to upgrade from OS X 10.7.5 to OS X El Capitan but receive the message "INSTALL_ERROR_DISTRIBUTION_SIGNED_BY_APPLE" any suggestions?

I am trying to upgrade from OS X 10.7.5 to OS X El Capitan as I am told this is possible, but receive the message "INSTALL_ERROR_DISTRIBUTION_SIGNED_BY_APPLE" any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 2:11 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 2:21 PM in response to Josh_Vince

I get this message too! I think it is because your computer isn't supported by this system.

HERE is a list of the supported macs

On the page to upgrade to yosemite when i tried to install it says me that the computer isn't supported and when i clicked learn more , it opens a link with the list of supported macs. Now probably apple didn't change it and shows this text

* I don't know if this is the correct answer for your problem. If the mac is in the list of supported macs i don't know what to do ( This is only a suggestion )

I am trying to upgrade from OS X 10.7.5 to OS X El Capitan but receive the message "INSTALL_ERROR_DISTRIBUTION_SIGNED_BY_APPLE" any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.