Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6 is replaced by Apple two times and still defective

I have been using iPhone since the first release. I am (was) an Apple fan, because I NEVER had a problem with an Apple product. Mac, iPad, iPhone, none. Last year I bought an iPhone 6. To my surprise, the enclosure was defective out of the box; it was clicking badly. Apple replaced the phone from the warranty, with another one with the exact same problem.

I brought it to Apple, again, and they replaced it, again. Two days later, the speakerphone, the ringer, etc. stopped working.

I still have the phone and will get it replaced, but...

Three in a row is either terrible design for iPhone 6 (I cannot believe that!) or Apple is recycling defective products between customers, or I am extremely unlucky.

Anyone having similar problems?

I live in Turkey and only use brand-new hardware and licensed software.

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 2:36 AM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 8:08 AM in response to iplover_ank

Has this been an Apple Store, or an Apple Authorized Service Provider?

Usually refurbished phones are in the same or better condition as the brand new ones. Apple replaces all buttons, the screen and other parts that may be defective and test each phone again after that, to make sure they meet the standards.

I had to get 2 iPhones replaced, G3 and a 4s, and I could not tell the difference to a brand new device. Both phones are still working,

Did you contact them and tell them about your experience?

Apr 29, 2016 11:27 PM in response to Ingo2711

Apple Authorized SP. They sent the phone to Apple (I think in France) and Apple sent them a new one. They said Apple would send back a "brand-new" one but I am guessing they meant "refurbished"; in both cases, the phones arrived in an open-boxes but the replaced phones looked brand new.

I haven't contacted Apple, as I don't know how. There is no Apple store in Ankara. I hope they would contact me.

This came right when I was planning to upgrade the iP5's of the whole family. Now that plan is on hold. I am even considering selling this and try iPhone SE. I am Apple-only for everything for the last 9 years and none of the products failed like that.

My iPhone 6 is replaced by Apple two times and still defective

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.