Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I set up an Outlook account on my Macbook 10.10.5 Yosemite?

I have been asked to set up an Outlook mail address on my Macbook pro which uses Yosemite 10.10.5 because I need the address book of an organisation to contact its members. However, I cannot find any way of creating an Outlook email address. Does anyone know how?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 4:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 3:11 PM

Hi operadiva,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You mention that you need to set up an Outlook email address on your Mac. If the organization gave you an existing account username and password to use, you likely need to add it to Internet Accounts on your Mac. This will let you use the account with Mail and Contacts. For help with adding and using the account, see OS X Yosemite: Add your Twitter, Facebook, and other Internet Account and Mail (Yosemite): Set up Mail with your email accounts.

Best Regards.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 3:11 PM in response to operadiva

Hi operadiva,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You mention that you need to set up an Outlook email address on your Mac. If the organization gave you an existing account username and password to use, you likely need to add it to Internet Accounts on your Mac. This will let you use the account with Mail and Contacts. For help with adding and using the account, see OS X Yosemite: Add your Twitter, Facebook, and other Internet Account and Mail (Yosemite): Set up Mail with your email accounts.

Best Regards.

May 1, 2016 3:17 PM in response to jeremy_v

Thank you Jeremy. The company, a charity actually, has not given me an existing account username; they just want me to take over the email communication side to help them. I'll ask them about that. I thought I needed to set up an Outlook account myself and they would send me the addresses so that I can send out bulk emails. You can see that I'm not very au fait with this stuff but I assumed I would be able to set up an account as I have with my other mail addresses.

how do I set up an Outlook account on my Macbook 10.10.5 Yosemite?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.