Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do Apple Pages, Numbers and Keynote keep reinstalling themselves on my iPad mini 4?

I keep deleting these apps and they keep spontaneously redownloading themselves. I know there is some feature/setting somewhere that tells your iDevices to download the same apps you get on the other devices but I don't think I have this enabled. I also don't have these apps installed on any other Apple products.

How do I get them off and keep them off?

Thanks.

iPad Mini, iOS 9.3.1, (Mini Gen 4)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 7:18 AM

Not sure why they keep downloading after you have deleted them, but the setting you are talking about is in Settings>iTunes & App Store>Automatic Downloads>Apps>Off.

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 7:24 AM in response to brsm1990

That setting works only on the device that it is set up on, so even if you did download the apps to another device, they should not download to your iPad if it is turned off. If you delete the apps, how long does it take before they reappear?

You could try signing out of the App Store, force restart the iPad and then sign in again. A forced restart is achieved by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen. No data is affected by a forced restart. Sign in again after the device has completely started up.

Why do Apple Pages, Numbers and Keynote keep reinstalling themselves on my iPad mini 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.