Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5s doesn't connect to my router where as Android does..

I have been trying all the settings , router reset and all but nothing worked for me , my laptop and other Android devices can connect to the wifi network but my iphone doesn't , i have spent almost half a day for the solution but nothing went fine...

Router Name : NETGEAR N150 wireless router JNR1010

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 5:23 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 6:54 AM in response to Mohanbhupathi

Below are some general suggestions for Wi-Fi issues, maybe one of them will help.

1) Perform a Forced Restart: Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Allow device to restart.

2) Reset Network Settings: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Rejoin the Network again.

3) Reboot Router/Modem: Unplug from power for 2 minutes and plug again. Update Router Firmware (check manufacturer’s support website for a newer FW). Also try different bands (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and different bandwidths (20 MHz recommended for the 2.4 band).

4) Change to Google's DNS: Settings > Wi-Fi > Click on the Network, Delete all numbers under DNS and enter 8.8.8.8 or alternatively 8.8.4.4

5) Disable device prioritization on the router if this feature is available.

6) Determine if other Wi-Fi devices on network are working well (other iOS devices, Macs, PCs).

7) Try device at another Network, i.e., neighbors’, public coffee house, etc.

8) Restore the Device (ask for additional for details if desired).

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

9) Go to an Apple Store for hardware evaluation.

Iphone 5s doesn't connect to my router where as Android does..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.