Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old sequence with new MP4 footage format, I don't want to render...

Hi, I have been using a template Final Cut sequence for years now for a project I work on. The client has provided me with some attributes (text, png images etc) and I place video footage in each time. For example, the sequence has a border mask png image and I put the footage inside the border and after the text.

The footage has always been the same format and the only part I need to render each time is the text. Otherwise, nothing else needs rendering.

Now, the footage comes from a different source, so it is a different format (MP4), which needs rendering in the template sequence.

I've changed the sequence settings to match the footage but it still needs rendering each time and it's really time consuming.

I'm assuming it's because of the assets but I don't know how to address this? The assets are images and text files, so I wouldn't know how to change the format of these to match the sequence format?

Can anyone help here?

I understand this might not be clear, so if you need more clarity, please ask.

The machine is as follows...

iMac

21.5-inch, Late 2012

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB

Serial Number: DG*******NMM

OSX Build: 10.9.5 (13F1603)

Processor: 3.1ghz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16gb 1600 MHz DDR3

It has the following Hard Disks...

Fusion Drive 1.11tb, with 692.58gb free

External 10tb SAS Disk, with 2.9tb free

Boot Drive 12.01gb, with 4.65gb free

Thank you.

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 8:18 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 8:30 AM in response to alexfromwalthamstow

"Now, the footage comes from a different source, so it is a different format (MP4), which needs rendering in the template sequence."

You need to convert that footage to ProRes before you bring it into FCP. DO NOT EDIT WITH MP4 files. FCP does not like them.

"i've changed the sequence settings to match the footage but it still needs rendering each time and it's really time consuming."

Don't do that. Convert the footage to ProRes, and use a ProRes sequence setting. Again, FCP does not like MP4 files. You must convert all media to be a codec you find in the EASY SETUP list. If it's HD, the typical setting is ProRes.

"so I wouldn't know how to change the format of these to match the sequence format?"

Use COMPRESSOR to convert the footage to ProRes. There are presets for ProRes.

Old sequence with new MP4 footage format, I don't want to render...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.