Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Font rendering disorted

Anybody ever seen a font break up this way in a lower third title? It seems to do it intermittently. It'll seem fine, I'll publish my video and then when I come back to it days later it'll be like this. If I change the font or even the font style, it'll be fine. But if I change it back to what it was, it's distorted again. Very weird. Maybe half the font styles in the font family will work and half won't. It is not a default Mac OS font though I used it for a long time without this ever happening. Just started more recently.

I'm on a Mac Pro, OS X 10.11.4, FCPX 10.2.3.

Doug

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), FCPX 10.2.3, 28GB RAM, Promise RAID

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 7:21 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 7:26 AM in response to Doug Carraway

"Maybe half the font styles in the font family will work and half won't."

A Safe Mode boot deletes font caches that may help even though it's not an OS X pre installed font.

Top left corner of your screen click the Apple  > Shut Down.

After your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds, then press the power button.

Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold down the Shift key. You should press the Shift key as soon as possible after you hear the startup tone, but not before.

Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple logo and progress indicator.

Once you are in Safe Mode, go back to the Apple  menu. From the drop down menu click: Restart

Then try Final Cut Pro.

Font rendering disorted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.