Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer not found on installation / WLAN connection

Hello

I have bought a new HP Officejet 7510 Printer. It is connected to LAN. My WLAN is in the same subnet as the printer. On my desktop with Windows 10 the Printer works fine, and on driver Installation, it was found on the LAN without any issue. On my wifes Mac Book Pro with OSX 10.11.4 the Printer was also installed automatically even over WLAN. So everything seems to work fine....

On my Macbook Pro 13" (late 2013 / OS 10.11.4) I then tried to install the printer also. Unfortunately the Printer can't be found using either HP Driver installation or using System preferences and "add Printer". Also the other printer we have in our Network from Canon isn't found. Strange enough but also when I start Windows 10 on my MBP using Bootcamp the printer also doesn't appear... therefore I think this could be a hardware issue with the integradet WiFi-Adapter.

The Printer in Windows and OSX can be added using IP Adress, what is somehow a workaround (beside the fact, that then not the correct HP driver is installed and no HP Software bundled with the printer). But why does Bonjour not find my Printer only on this particular MBP??

Already done:

- uninstall and reinstall of Printer software

- reset of Printer system

- mDNS stop & restat / flusing of caches

- installed all updates available on OSX and Windows 10 (Boot Camp)

Is there a way to somehow enforce:

- reinstall of bonjour?

- reinstall of WiFi driver?

- reinstall of WiFi Firmware?

Thanks for any hints

Cheers

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), null

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 7:30 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 10:23 AM in response to Izzyminator

One other thing you might want to try -

Unplug your router for about a minute and re plug it back it in - as you know this may shake up the active DNS addresses and remedy things

I recently ran into a similar issue and had to install the printer using the IP address but for some reason it recognized it right away and loaded the correct drivers

The other option would be to delete the preference for the printer and have it rebuilt with a restart

Reset the printing system on your Mac - Apple Support

Printer not found on installation / WLAN connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.