Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see mouse using projector

When I am using my 2015 macbook pro, I cannot see the mouse cursor (i can see the effects of it, though) when connected to a projector using an HDMI cable.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 8:52 AM

4 replies

Apr 29, 2016 9:00 AM in response to jwbradle

There are two "classic " ways to connect an external display. One is Mirrored, the other is "Extended desktop" This picture of the Arrange pane shows extended desktop. Each blue rectangle is an Icon for the location of the display on your bench. if you drag them to the same order as they actually appear, or remember that the projector's area is "to the right/up/down/left" of the main display, you can move the mouse freely across the boundary between displays and have it drag items over and track properly.

User uploaded file

Apr 29, 2016 9:28 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Can I change this setting BEFORE I connect it do the projector? Because as soon as it is connected to the projector, the mouse cursor disappears completely, from both screens. I cannot see it, though it's there and still functions. As in the cursor become invisible, unable to be seen. When it's mirrored, I cannot see the cursor on either the screen of my MacBook Pro or on the mirrored projection screen on the wall.

Can't see mouse using projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.