Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to re-download purchased music onto new laptop when first download unsuccessful on old machine?

I downloaded some songs onto my very old laptop which didn't work: using new laptop, iTunes tells me that I have already purchased them but I can't see any way to re-download them: maybe because I'm in France? What can I do to get the music I've paid for? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 10:13 AM

These are purchases from the France iTunes store ? You have to be in a country to use its store (including redownloading), that is part of the store's terms, so whilst you are in France you can only use the France store (and potentially redownload your France store purchases). What you can redownload will show in the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes music store homepage (assuming that you haven't hidden them from the cloud, and if they are still in the store).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2016 10:13 AM in response to monkeytree73

These are purchases from the France iTunes store ? You have to be in a country to use its store (including redownloading), that is part of the store's terms, so whilst you are in France you can only use the France store (and potentially redownload your France store purchases). What you can redownload will show in the Purchased link under Quick Links on the right-hand side of the iTunes music store homepage (assuming that you haven't hidden them from the cloud, and if they are still in the store).

How to re-download purchased music onto new laptop when first download unsuccessful on old machine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.