Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot see known goo external drive need instructions for I must see it on my desktop el capitan 10.11.

Before I install Tuxera NTFS 2014 on my new iMac purchased this week is there another solution to not being able to see my none good external drive. I must see it or I will take my new computer back.

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 9:16 AM

Check you Finder Preferences to make sure that the type of disk you want to view is selected. In the case of an externally connected disk you want to put a check mark next to "External Disks."

To get to the Finder Preferences click on Finder > Preferences > General when viewing the normal screen on your Mac where you see the desktop photo and dock.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2016 9:16 AM in response to 0b1

Check you Finder Preferences to make sure that the type of disk you want to view is selected. In the case of an externally connected disk you want to put a check mark next to "External Disks."

To get to the Finder Preferences click on Finder > Preferences > General when viewing the normal screen on your Mac where you see the desktop photo and dock.

User uploaded file

cannot see known goo external drive need instructions for I must see it on my desktop el capitan 10.11.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.