Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Insert multiple images into a column?

I'm making up a catalog of paintings for a local artist, and I'm trying to figure out a way to drop close to 500 images into a Numbers document so that they're placed down a column in order. I'll then fill in the size, material, etc into the rows of each corresponding image. I did this in Excel long ago. Please tell me there's a way to do this in Numbers so I don't have to drop in each photo one by one. Yes?

Thanks so much. -Rob

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 8:34 AM

3 replies

Apr 29, 2016 11:54 AM in response to robogobo

You can paste an image into the background of cell by copying the image to the clipboard, double-clicking the cell, and typing command-v to paste. Thereafter, the image will move with the cell when you sort, etc. However, I don't recommend using Numbers for this purpose. It's mainly designed to crunch numbers, not manage images.

SG

Apr 29, 2016 11:59 AM in response to SGIII

I need to do 500 of these, so copying/pasting each one isn't going to cut it. I agree numbers isn't ideal for this, but I'm making a catalog of artwork, with rows and columns showing photo, title, dimensions, materials and collection names, so I figured Numbers or Excel is best for shuffling them around. The museum that's accepting this work into their collection requested an Excel file, but I'm sure I could persuade them otherwise.

What other application would you suggest?

Rob

Apr 29, 2016 12:11 PM in response to robogobo

Excel doesn't sound like an ideal choice for image management and cataloging either. Do you know how the museum will work with the file once they receive it? Do they intend to have the information incorporated into a database? If so, you perhaps should get more details from them.

Many database apps (such as FileMaker on the Mac and Windows and Access on Windows) have a type of "field" explicitly designed to store images. But, before going down that path, best ascertain what will work for the museum.

SG

Insert multiple images into a column?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.