Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the PC that the iPhone 6s Plus syncs to, both wirelessly and when the iPhone is plugged in?

How do I change the PC that the iPhone 6s Plus syncs to, both wirelessly and when plugged in? I have recently upgraded my PC. I restored my backup of iTunes to the new machine and it is working well. The iPhone, however, is waiting to wirelessly sync to the PC that I no longer use and iTunes no longer recognizes my iPhone when I plug it in.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.3.1, windows 10; iTunes 12.3.3.17

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 9:27 AM

5 replies

Apr 29, 2016 10:02 AM in response to Bob1468

I ran into this problem just recently and had to talk to Apple

If you mean the computer name listed in Settings - iTunes WiFi Sync -

then that is exactly what I am talking about

I had to reset my settings - no kidding - General - Reset - Reset All settings - no content was damaged and it did NOT need a restore

Lost among others

All my WiFi passwords

All my alarms

All my location services preferences

BUT it did remove the old computer name from there

Apr 29, 2016 1:44 PM in response to Bob1468

Bob1468 wrote:

iTunes no longer recognizes my iPhone when I plug it in.

With your phone connected to the W10 PC, try going to Control Panel, Device Manager, and under the USB Controllers section try deleting the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver. Then disconnect the phone, reboot the PC, and try connecting again. The driver will refresh after connecting the phone again.

If still no able, you may have to update or delete the driver this way.

http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows

How do I change the PC that the iPhone 6s Plus syncs to, both wirelessly and when the iPhone is plugged in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.