Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am continually having to log into my iCloud account on my iMac. I get a code that is supposed to be put into my other shared devices but I never see a place to do this. This started about a week ago. Has anybody else had this problem?

I am having problems staying logged into my iCloud account from my iMac. When I log on I get a message that a new device is trying to access my iCloud account and I get a number code that I am supposed to put in on my shared devices. My shared devices never ask for this code and I have not problem staying connected to the iCloud on my other shared devices. This started about a week ago and I was wondering if others have this problem and if so how did they resolve it?

iMac (Flat Panel), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 10:13 AM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 12:39 PM in response to genewca

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library. Move the following to the Trash and restart.

Close all running apps. Put the following items in the trash:

1) In the ~/Library/ folder, put the Caches folder in the trash.

2) In the ~/Library/Application Support/ folder, put the folder iCloud in the trash.

3) In the ~/Library/Preferences/ folder, put the file MobileMeAccounts.plist in the trash.

Learned from Kurt Lang

I am continually having to log into my iCloud account on my iMac. I get a code that is supposed to be put into my other shared devices but I never see a place to do this. This started about a week ago. Has anybody else had this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.