Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime on MacBook: Cannot make cellular calls but can receive them

Hello All,

I am unable to make cellular calls using my iPhone via the FaceTime app on my MacBook Pro. I am however, able to receive and answer calls on my MacBook Pro which were originally routed to my iPhone number. I have confirmed i am on the same wifi network, I have also tried on various wifi networks. I also have the check box "Calls from iPhone" checked on my MacBook Pro. I have logged in and out of my FaceTime account on all my devices and reset my network settings on both my iPhone and MacBook Pro. A "Genius" also tried to help me with no success.

Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2016 4:34 AM

If the built-in application firewall is on, please turn it off. In case you're worried about the implications of this step, the firewall generally serves no purpose when you're on a private network behind a router.

If you've installed any third-party "firewall," "security," or "anti-virus" software, remove it according to the developer's instructions. All such software is worse than useless.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2016 4:34 AM in response to BeaniePup

If the built-in application firewall is on, please turn it off. In case you're worried about the implications of this step, the firewall generally serves no purpose when you're on a private network behind a router.

If you've installed any third-party "firewall," "security," or "anti-virus" software, remove it according to the developer's instructions. All such software is worse than useless.

FaceTime on MacBook: Cannot make cellular calls but can receive them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.