Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I make Move to iOS work?

How do I make "Move to iOS" work to move my data to my new iPhone5s?

iPhone 5s, I've tried repeatedly & it stops

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 11:02 AM

9 replies

Apr 29, 2016 11:08 AM in response to ManSinha

I have an Android phone that I am trying to transfer all of the data, etc. to a new iPhone 5s. I have repeatedly tried to use "Move to iOS" without success. I keep entering the code of the moment and then it starts acting like it is getting started and then it stops and asks for the code again. I am beyond frustrated and hoping someone can help me actually save time.

Apr 29, 2016 11:14 AM in response to elcpu

I have repeatedly followed those steps. However, after I enter the 6-digit code, both phones say they are preparing and then the Android says it couldn't complete the process and awaits a new code. The iPhone 5s keeps spinning and "preparing" until I turn it off and start over. Those directions don't seem to cover what is happening here. Maybe that is why this app got 2.5 stars rating. Is there something else that I need to do to make this work?

Apr 29, 2016 11:55 AM in response to PatinTucson

As you noted, the app is not very good, the 2.5 stars says it well. As the article I linked states:

The Apple Store is the best place to buy and set up your new iPhone. We’ll help you transfer data from your old Android device, and we can even get you started with iCloud and help you download apps from the App Store.

I would try that....

How do I make Move to iOS work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.