Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages App Pop-up menu

I have been experiencing this with every iPhone I've had and with ever version of the iOS including the current.

I am not the type who swipes on the conversation list to delete the conversation.

User uploaded file

I like to leave it there to easily send them another message.

Instead I go into the conversation and tap and hold a test to get the context menu, then press "Delete all" in the top left hand corner.

User uploaded file

Problem is after I do this with a few conversations, the context menu stops appearing and I have to close the Messages app. Do a few more conversations and the context menu stops appearing again. Close the app... and so on for all the conversations I want to delete.

A work around I have found is to turn the phone to landscape and I get to do a few more conversations then the context menu stops appearing again then I go back to portrait and so goes the iMessage cleaning process. The problem is for both Text message conversations and for iMessage conversations.

Is there a way to make the context menu behave as it should and always pop-up when I tap an hold?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3.1

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 11:58 AM

There are no replies.

Messages App Pop-up menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.