Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

security breach

Today I took my macbook pro in for repair to my local apple store. The confirming email has someone else's name in the customer information field. Around 3 years ago we inherited a telephone number from a family with this incorrect name and suffered bogus calls for several months until we had corrected most of the databases by explaining - some calls still come 3 years later - but few and far between. Now Apple are using the other families name as my customer details and associating them with ownership of my apple computer - its very worrying.

I called customer service and explained and they said it was a matter for the store - who politely declined saying it was not for them. So I went back customer services simply listened to them trying to explain what the problem could be but failing to offer a way forward - so I asked for a senior person's contact details to raise this with in writing and was declined - but when they realised they could not handle my enquiry they put me through to someone more senior who offered to put me through to someone else - this was repeated a few times - with me explaining each time - then was put in a queue to a senior person - 35 minutes later the call was dropped - no call back.

So I phone in again - and again explained - and was called back and placed in a queue - 20 minutes later a senior person answered who kindly pointed me at the apple feedback for on the web. I have just filled in the feedback form and submitted - only to be told they can respond individually. Please can someone advise how I can communicate with someone who can take my issue on board? To be honest this is my first apple device - and I now know why their profits are starting to slip. 😠

customer services??

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 11:34 AM

6 replies

security breach

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.