Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to have the screen on all the time when I charge

When I use the iPhone 6 (latest OS) I want to have the screen on all the time when I use it in the car with map program.
I know that it can be set to "Always on", but I want the screen to be closed after 2 minutes when using battery.

Do I have to change these settings every time I shall use it in the car?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.1

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 11:40 AM

10 replies

Apr 29, 2016 11:48 AM in response to janbso

janbso wrote:

When I use the iPhone 6 (latest OS) I want to have the screen on all the time when I use it in the car with map program.
I know that it can be set to "Always on", but I want the screen to be closed after 2 minutes when using battery.

Do I have to change these settings every time I shall use it in the car?

yep.

Apr 29, 2016 11:55 AM in response to janbso

janbso wrote:

That was not the answer I hoped :-)
Is it a way that I can use Shotcuts to make the way to that setting quicker?

p.s. on Android there is such a possibility. "Leave screen on when on charging". (this is for Apple to read) :-)

Well, there is no Apple here in this user to user technical forum.

you can supply feedback here http://www.apple.com/feedback/

do as Meg suggested.

Apr 29, 2016 2:56 PM in response to janbso

janbso wrote:

I see that your rank is 9 and you say that I will have the screen always on when on charging and at the same time, have it closed down after 2 minutes when use on battery. Do I understand you clear ?

If you are using the Maps app to navigate and you have the phone plugged in to a power source, the screen will stay on, regardless of what time setting you have in Settings>General>Autolock.

I want to have the screen on all the time when I charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.