Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

rMBP freezes frequently, leading to crashes.

This is probably a vague description but I have no idea what could be causing it because it happens at random (or at least I think it does).

So I have the rMBP 13" with force touch. Since the past two weeks it begins to randomly freeze when I am using it. I cannot move the cursor this is different from the beachball in that its not stuck processing/loading something; it just stops moving. For around 30 seconds after the freeze, my force touch still functions because I can press it in. However after a while, this stops and the trackpad becomes a hard surface -- similar to when the laptop is shutdown and you cannot click the trackpad. The first time I waited quite a while for it to fix itself, but with no result therefore I had to force a shutdown. I thought that was a random occurrence and probably an anomaly. However, now it happens maybe twice a day. The only factor I can say has been consistent at all freezes is that I had safari open with more than two tabs (one of them being Facebook). This is really annoying me because this laptop is relatively new and my previous MBP (which I owned for 5 years) crashed maybe 5 times for the whole time that I had. This leads me to believe that there should be nothing wrong in the way I use my laptop.

I have one point which may or may not help. One of the times this occurred, I was on a Skype call and even after the freeze I continued the call for maybe 20 minutes. At this point, my cursor was frozen/stuck and my trackpad didn't respond to force. The other person could hear me, which leads me to believe that the mic was working and I could hear him so the ports were still functioning.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 12:02 PM

There are no replies.

rMBP freezes frequently, leading to crashes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.