Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add contacts

Working with and iPhone 6 9.3.1. I have all my devices connected via iCloud

I enter a new contact on my iphone and it doesn't show up on my iPhone. If I scroll over a screen and type the name that I just entered in the search field the iPhone will find the name and number but it doesn't show up in the contacts. The new contact that I add on the iphone shows up immediately on my Mac and eventually will show up on my iPad. I can't recall if this is an intermittent problem or if it is a consistent one. I know it has happened with 2 names in particular; 1 I added a few months ago and it has never showed up and 1 I added today and it hasn't shown up. Has anyone else had this problem? Anyone have a suggested solution?

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 12:30 PM

4 replies

Apr 30, 2016 5:48 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I'm not sure I followed your exact suggestion, but you got me to the right place and looking at the right things. I couldn't really tell if I had more than 1 group other than it said that it was showing "all contacts". But when I clicked on groups there was an option to hide all contacts or show all contacts. I toggled it off and back on and like magic, the names that I had been trying to add showed up. So, thank you so much, ChrisJ4203!

Can't add contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.