Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone SE will not work with MAC Mini 10.6.8. Apple support says upgrade your iTunes. Its the wrong color icon. WHAT??? iTunes is at the latest 11.4 for my mac. All my music is on my MAC. Help!

New iPhone SE will not work with MAC Mini 10.6.8. Apple support says upgrade your iTunes. Its the wrong color icon. WHAT??? iTunes is at the latest 11.4 for my mac. All my music is on my MAC. Help!

iPhone SE, iOS 9.3.1, mac mini OS 10.6.8. iTunes 11.4

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 12:05 PM

10 replies

Apr 29, 2016 12:48 PM in response to Lori Beauvais

What year is your MacMini? You may be able to upgrade to Lion and then Mountain Lion as a minimum requirement.

MacMinis from Early 2009 will work. Keep in mind that the last update for 10.6 is 10.6.8, which came out in 2011, so it is 5 year old software.

Wouldn't be a big deal 10 years ago, but software changes and advances a lot faster than every 5 years.

You can still use the iPhone without iTunes, you would just have to back up to iCloud instead of to a computer.

OS X Mountain Lion system requirements - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.