Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my old copy of a ML upgrade download work for my mac with SL?

I have tried asking this question in different ways and still do not know what to do. My situation is that I want to do a ML upgrade download from a copy I made in the past for use on SL. I have tried putting in a sudo date in Terminal from "install" to no avail. And don't know what else to do. I am not computer savvy. So is there an answer that I can easily understand or is this a wish that cannot come true?

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 12:46 PM

6 replies

Apr 29, 2016 1:28 PM in response to theratter

It is 4.47 GB so I guess it is the larger updater. When I try to access the App Store fro SL, I get the message " You can't use this version of the application AppStore with this version Mac OSX". So does this mean that I must purchase this again from the App Store on another mac? I can access the App Store from another mac that has El Capitan. If I did purchase it this way, do you think that I could put it on a flash drive and transfer it to my other mac with SL and have it work?

May 1, 2016 7:35 AM in response to designer_02

What has worked for me with my archived OS installers is just going to the Date & Time prefs and resetting the date to before Feb 14th, 2016. I had to do this last night to install Yosemite on a little rescue drive that I am setting up. When you change the date, be sure to uncheck the box for getting date and time automatically. You can just change it all back when you are done installing ML.

Diskmaker X does a nice job of creating an installer on a flash drive.

Why won't my old copy of a ML upgrade download work for my mac with SL?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.