Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have just bought this old macbook 13 inch with 10.7.5 software and my iPhone 6 won't sync is there a way i can get it to? it says the iTunes is not up to date but they are on both?

I have just bought second hand MacBook with 10.7.5 software on it I didn't realise at the time that my iPhone 6 wouldn't sync so was surprised when a message came up saying the iTunes software wasn't up to date I checked for sure and it is up to date on both devices Im not sure were to go from here? do i need to change the software? can i change the software? will this mean i can sync my iPhone to iTunes not this laptop and how do i do it most importantly!

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 2:03 PM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 3:40 PM in response to BillieBo

" when a message came up saying the iTunes software wasn't up to date"

Syncing your iPhone 6 equires that the Mac is running OS X v10.8.5 or later.

See System Requirements here > http://www.apple.com/lae/iphone-6/specs/

Instead of updating to v10.8 Mountain Lion, see if this Mac can update directly to El Capitan.

El Capitan requirements here > Upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

BTW, if this second hand Mac is still registered via Apple ID to the previous owner, you will not be able to sync your iPhone.

Changing ownership of a used Mac

i have just bought this old macbook 13 inch with 10.7.5 software and my iPhone 6 won't sync is there a way i can get it to? it says the iTunes is not up to date but they are on both?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.