Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos keeps requesting to import photos already imported

Colleagues:

iPad 3 and iPhone 5s running IOS 9.3.1 and MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011) running OS X 10.11.4 with 8 Gig of RAM and Photos 1.5 .....

Photos keeps asking to import previously imported pictures over and over again .....

I am running Photos Version 1.5 (370.42.0) ..... When i connect my iPhone 5s/iPad 3 (via USB cable) to my MacBook Pro, Photos automatically activates (shortly before iTunes automatically activates) and nearly every time displays various photos that are ready for import into Photos. In the overwhelming number of cases, these photos and images have already been imported into Photos and in many cases are duplicated in Photos (due to multiple imports).

Once this repetitive import issue is resolved, I would like to discuss removing the duplicate copies of images that I have in Photos.

Your assistance is appreciated ......

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4), 8 GB of Ram

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 3:49 PM

There are no replies.

Photos keeps requesting to import photos already imported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.