Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help!Is it possible to boot a windows iso from a usb flash drive (macbook 2009 with superdrive) becasue my super drive won't boot it from the dvd

Question time is it possible to boot a windows 7 installer from a usb on a mac that has a super drive to run dvd's because my mac won't boot it it won't even read the installing files from the dvd but it knows it there when i open bootcamp assistance it'll say 'wait until installer is recognized ' just once more I have a late 2009 macbook stuff about it is

v

v

v

v

Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook6,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Thanks for your time with helping me ^^ User uploaded file

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 1:57 PM

16 replies

Apr 30, 2016 4:37 AM in response to rinny55

when you go to the dvd in finder it does don't just contain the iso file right ?

an iso is a carbon copy of an optical disc so it should be burned as an image not a file

that being said then you can try to search but I recall people saying that macs with optical drives can't install via usb or even via external optical drives, but I could have missunderstod hence the search advice

Help!Is it possible to boot a windows iso from a usb flash drive (macbook 2009 with superdrive) becasue my super drive won't boot it from the dvd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.