Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I play amazon music from my mac to my receiver through airplay?

Can I play the music at Amazon from my mac to my receiver with airplay? My mac and receiver are linked and I play iTunes music with airplay.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.4)

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2017 2:03 PM

go into system preferences, sound, and you can force all audio from your macbook to go out via the airplay device of your choice. I'm using the current amazon music app to send to my yamaha receiver via airplay.

12 replies

May 27, 2016 5:09 AM in response to 42Snow22

If your receiver is Airplay enabled, or you got a Express/AppleTV attached to it you can. Hold the alt button and click the volume icon, it will show all devices available. (This will route all sound to the receiver, including system notifications).

I use this to stream youtube audio to my Airplay enabled receiver, works like a charm.

Dec 27, 2016 4:38 PM in response to 42Snow22

With Spotify, I am able to connect to my Yamaha audio receiver with from any device (iPhone, iPad, Macbook Air) through my Wifi network. At the bottom of the Spotify app is a prompt to connect to any of these devices. However, with the Amazon Music app, I can only connect to these devices from my iOS Amazon Music app (iPhone or iPad). I can't to find a way to connect to my audio receiver from the Amazon Music software for PC/Mac.

I don't mind connecting to my audio receiver with the iPhone app. But it'd be nice to control music in the family room from the Amazon Music software program too.

can I play amazon music from my mac to my receiver through airplay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.