Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone detected by computer, but not itunes?

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble connecting my Iphone 4S to Itunes.

I've connected it through my usb cable, tried every other usb dock, re-installed Itunes and restarted my computer, checked for every update (currently on 12.3.3), erased or reset my Iphone, followed everything else with deleting certain folders according to :

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

I have windows 10, and everytime I connect it comes up with the Pc companion thing, but the icon to connect my Iphone on itunes never comes up. I plugged it in my computer and my phone is still charging and is visible elsewhere.

Please help!

iPhone 4S, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 5:17 PM

The Apple Mobile Device USB driver should reinstall automatically after a PC reboot and after reconnecting the phone. If this is not happening, do you by any chance have McAfee Antivirus? If so disable it temporarily, reboot the PC (and make sure the AV did not re-enable automatically) and then try connecting again. Alternatively, disable any AV temporarily, and then delete and reinstall iTunes per the instructions here.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2016 5:17 PM in response to Zoophilijess

The Apple Mobile Device USB driver should reinstall automatically after a PC reboot and after reconnecting the phone. If this is not happening, do you by any chance have McAfee Antivirus? If so disable it temporarily, reboot the PC (and make sure the AV did not re-enable automatically) and then try connecting again. Alternatively, disable any AV temporarily, and then delete and reinstall iTunes per the instructions here.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows 7 and later - Apple Support

Apr 29, 2016 5:30 PM in response to Zoophilijess

Hmmm... at this point I am at a loss. If you want I can ask the hosts to move your post to the iTunes for Windows Forum. There is a user there by the screen name of turingtest2 which is the top expert on iTunes here. He is not only knowledgeable but a very nice guy to boot. I could email him but it would be best if the post is just moved. He is in London so he may not answer for a while, then again he has responded to my emails late at night....

Apr 29, 2016 4:30 PM in response to elcpu

I have tried to do that on that website from a previous question (https://discussions.apple.com/)

but for some reason I cannot press "Update Driver"

I have done everything on the list mentioned. I tried reinstalling itunes and checking in the device manager in "Universal Serial USB controllers" where I find the "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" ( no "!" or any other icon, just normal), cicked "Update driver" and it says driver is already installed.

I tried going into Itunes and looking in "File" then "Devices" and nothing is detected.

Apr 29, 2016 4:35 PM in response to Zoophilijess

Did you follow the steps in my link from Step 9 forward? That is important.

http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows

If you did, try going to Control Panel, Device Manager, Universal Serial Bus Controller (if I remember correctly) and then delete the driver there. You have to have the iPhone connected for it to show. Then disconnect, reboot the computer and connect again.

Apr 29, 2016 5:08 PM in response to elcpu

ok I have done what you asked now, uninstalling the Apple Bus Controller and rebooting my pc. I connected my Iphone and nothing happened. So I went to the Device Manager and did a "Scan for hardware changes" and the Iphone is still visible in "portable Devices" but now there is no Apple Usb Driver under "Universal Serial Bus Controller" and still nothing in itunes.

Iphone detected by computer, but not itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.