Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

form of payment country restrictions

Hi, I constantly travel and change countries every couple of months. This is a problem as first I registered my ipad in Spain (where I dont live anymore). Now, In order to be able to download an App the system requires me to update the payment info. Now, my credit card belongs to another country. When I try to use it, system says Credit card is invalid as it does not belong in spain. How is this even a thing? isnt Apple a global company? it is very annoying to have this every once and then. Does anyone here have discovered a way to deal with this? Thanks 🙂

iPad

Posted on Apr 29, 2016 5:18 PM

1 reply

Apr 29, 2016 5:22 PM in response to suislfpqo12ksl1

suislfpqo12ksl1 wrote:

How is this even a thing? isnt Apple a global company? it is very annoying to have this every once and then. Does anyone here have discovered a way to deal with this? Thanks 🙂

It's "a thing" because copyrights and distribution rights are not global. Apple uses the credit card address as one way to verify that you're buying things in the country Apple is licensed to sell them.

Contact iTunes/App Store support and see if you can switch stores with an iTunes Gift card purchased in the correct country. If it's possible, they may need to assist you with it.

form of payment country restrictions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.